London Metropolitan Area
Duties & responsibilities
- Troubleshooting and repair of hardware faults and the installation of spares or components as required.
- Provide hands and eyes services to all departments and external customers.
- Installation and decommission of managed equipment within the Data Centres and external customer sites.
- Performing routine maintenance on server and network equipment to maintain maximum uptime of customer environments.
- Accepting and taking ownership of fault escalations from internal teams.
- Providing internal and external customers with timely updates on progress of incidents.
- Make regular physical checks of the Data Centre facilities and assist with the production of monthly statistics.
- Documentation of Data Centre equipment, service configuration and hardware solutions.
- Carry out physical checks and audits as required by the business and its customers.
- The management and control of assets.
- Manage and maintain Data Centre security by allowing only authorised personnel access to the Data Centre facilities.
- Update and maintain databases following all changes to equipment or assets.