You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager – Data Centers
Austin Tx Full Time Permanent
Are you a dynamic and tenacious Product Marketing Manager looking to change career direction from large Manufacturer or Manufacturer’s representative of Electrical Power, Mechanical Cooling or Datacentre design company.
We are looking for you to join this exciting operation that provides Cooling technology for data centers .
- Possess a solid background in engineering and product development together with a deep understanding of the data center infrastructure market
- The role is demanding and would require you to understand the market requirements of the clients target segments and collaborate with Engineering to ensure that the product roadmap is aligned with those requirements.
- To see the big picture is essential as is possessing the organisational skills to handle and manage a number of tasks.
- To interact with Sales and Marketing Operations and Engineering ensuring that they are armed with tools that improve close rates.
- Align the product roadmap with requirements of target markets.
- Manage the proposal development process to ensure its simplicity and repeatability.
- Create a pricing strategy that is competitive against market alternatives yet maintains margin consistent with business plan objectives.
The Experience Profile
- Conducting market research and maintaining contact with clients and prospective clients ; capturing feedback etc from Sales ; customer service and the board . Analysis and feedback thereon.
- Liase between Sales/Marketing and Engineering to assess and make design tradeoffs and prioritisation decisions.
- Identify, engage and/or support potential partner relationships that advance client ability to scale development, sales, manufacturing, and/or support of the product
- Develop product pricing strategies and models that create an appropriate balance competitive positioning and profitability needs.
- Collaborate with Marketing to define product positioning, key messaging, and strategy
- Provide Marketing with content required for development of the Sales Tools that enable the Sales teams to effectively position the product within target markets
- Author/assist with the development of thought leadership content including white papers, case studies, and blogs
- Provide backup to the Solution Architects and Application Engineer(s) for technical support on sales calls
- Minimum B.S. degree, preferably in Engineering
- Experience in high-tech hardware/Infrastructure related product marketing/management/development roles desired (minimum 5 years required)
- Experience managing data center related products strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience operating in companies of under $100M in annual revenue
- Demonstrated experience in developing MRDs based upon market research, sales feedback, and direct customer engagement
- Demonstrated experience generating PRDs that convert market requirements (as expressed in an MRD), into a practical set of design requirements from which Engineering can develop the product(s).
- 10+ years of experience partnering with outsourced manufacturers
- Team-oriented collaborative working style
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with attention to detail
- Able to adapt to changing project priorities in a fast-paced startup environment, comfortable with some ambiguity and a great sense of humor
Note: Please apply with your up to date resume.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. If you have been shortlisted we will contact you within 7 working days.
Candidates MUST be eligible to live AND work in the United States